Douglas V. Pavelko
- Litigation and Litigation Support
- Client Counseling Services
Doug Pavelko's principal area of practice is patent and trademark prosecution and counseling. Doug has more than 26 years of foreign and domestic patent prosecution experience covering a wide variety of mechanical and electro-mechanical related arts. His patent law practice also extends to patent searching and clearance, right-to-use, right-to-practice, non-infringement opinions and litigation support.
Doug represents several clients in the automotive industry regarding steering systems (including hydraulically powered, electrically powered and electrically powered hydraulic steering), braking systems (including foundation brakes, electric park brakes and electronic stability control), suspension components (including ball joints, control arms and links and tie rods), and vehicle wheels (including steel and aluminum wheel). He also represents clients in numerous other industries including casting and metal working equipment. In addition, he counsels his clients in foreign and domestic trademark searching, clearance and trademark registration. Doug also handles IP assignments, licensing, consent to use agreements and due diligence investigation.
- Fluid Handling Systems/Pumps & Valves/HVAC
- Glass Fiber Composites/Building Materials/Forestry Products/Furniture
- Medical/Medical Devices/Biomedical
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Toledo Bar Association
- Toledo Intellectual Property Law Association (past President)
- Juris Doctor, The University of Toledo
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Youngstown State University