Dana M. Stangel
- Intellectual Property Management
- Client Counseling Services
Dana Stangel is a registered patent attorney who helps clients protect and profit from their innovations. She is experienced in preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications. Dana devotes the majority of her practice to patent applications in the life sciences, safety systems, clean energy, and mechanical areas.
Dana advises clients on patent strategy, international portfolio management, and trade secret protection. She is also active in the northern Colorado start-up community, volunteering through the Innosphere’s SAGE program and offering mentoring to emerging entrepreneurs. She previously served on the board of the Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court.
Dana leverages a background in biotechnology manufacturing to enhance her work on technical patent applications. Before practicing law, Dana worked in the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industry. Dana earned her degree in Integrative Biology from the University of California at Berkeley and earned her J.D. at the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law.
- Computer Software/Internet
- Fluid Handling Systems/Pumps & Valves/HVAC
- Medical/Medical Devices/Biomedical
- Photovoltaic Technologies
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Colorado Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Larimer County Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, University of Denver
- Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Biology, University of California at Berkeley