| Thomas D. Brainard
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Juris Doctor, Wayne State University
- Master of Business Administration, Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
- B.S. Pharmacy, University of Michigan
- More than 20 years IP experience with a major diversified healthcare company handling patent and licensing matters for diagnostic, pharmaceutical and nutritional divisions.
Advised businesses and technical leadership how to obtain a strong competitive advantage via a portfolio of solid patents directed to key product features.
- Patent preparation, prosecution and opinion matters for a major glass fiber manufacturing company.
- Prior law firm experience as a junior associate handling patent matters for automotive and aerospace clients.
- State Bar of Michigan (Intellectual Property law section)
- Patents (U.S. and International)
- Client Counselling
- Licensing and technology agreements
- IP Due diligence
- Patent Validity and Infringement Opinions
- Intellectual Property audits and portfolio management
- Pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical formulations
- Nutritional products
- Medical devices and equipment
- DNA Amplification and detection technologies
- Glass fiber composites and building materials
- Photovoltaic Technologies